- Born in Kanagawa, Japan (1965)
- Lives and works in Saitama-ken, Japan
- 2015 Solo Exhibition, Gallery Suchi, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2007 KIAF 2007, Shunpudo Gallery, Seoul, South Korea.
- 1991 Exhibition of Grand Prize Paintings (Awarded Grand Prize), Tokyo Central Museum, Japan.
Osamu Obi is drawn to elements that suggest the unseen. The mark of someone’s touch; a scratch that remains; a wall that is aging even as it stands as a silent witness.
Each of these things exists in the moment, but points to a past and changes as they move into the future. It is this feeling of constant transformation that fascinates Osamu and that he strives to capture on canvas-leaving his own marks on time.
A very talented hardworking artist. He always thought about his concept of art deeply and tries to put past, present and future on the canvas at the same time to show the vain of superficial understanding of life. Teaches at a university and students love him as a lecturer. Always studies of art even though his knowledge is amazingly enormous.