Aurelio Rodriguez Lopez
- Born in Génave, Spain (1958)
- Lives and works in Estepona, Andalusia, Spain.
- 2015 Shanghai International Pastel Exhibition, Shanghai Hongqiao Contemporary Art Museum China.
- 2013 Honourable Mention “Pastel 100 Competition”. The Pastel Journal, USA.
- 2011 1st prize “First International Biennial of Pastel” ASPAS, Spain.
Aurelio tells the small stories that we all connect with, lovers parting at a train station, or the smell of his mother’s home cooking.
Widely recognized as the best pastel artist in the world, Aurelio frequently travels internationally to teach his skills.
Over his career Aurelio painted more than 6000 portraits across a very successful career, but after receiving the offer from the Ibex Collection to paint his personal Masterpiece he is once more connecting with why he originally became an artist.